Some kids are self-motivated and some require the right form of motivation to achieve in life. Have a look on how you can motivate your kids.
Last Updated: 23 October 2020
Parents have a huge responsibility in bringing their child in the right direction with the right attitude. It is natural for a child to lose motivation and regain it automatically. Here we have compiled a few ways that can help you to motivate your kids.
1. Kids are kids: Kids are kids. Let them enjoy their childhood. Always expect little imperfections. Expecting too much of discipline will make them irritated and frustrated to do things.
2. Don’t put your kids down: Don’t compare your kids with others. Every child is unique and comparison with other child is in no way going to help them and stay motivated. Instead it will make them stay inferior and creates negative energy.
3. Discover their talents: It is your responsibility in discovering what talent your child owns. Allow them to excel in their chosen field and encourage them.
4. Believe them: Believe in your kids and make them realize they are born with infinite energy to achieve things in life. Let them do things on their own and learn. Don’t coddle much.
5. Be positive: Parents can be the best role models for their kids. Inspire them. Inculcate positive thoughts and energy as much as you can.
6. Offer proper supporting systems: Listen to your child on what ambitions they have and give them the ideal support they require. It could be software, coaching classes, etc. Monitor their stress levels and offer a helping hand whenever they require.
7. Keep realistic goals: Allow them to set goals and ask them to create a strategy to achieve the goal. If plan A does not work, encourage them to have plan B and go ahead.
8. Challenge yourself: Lets kids challenge themselves every time and get refined day by day. Let them realize how much better they are compared to yesterday.
9. Acknowledge their efforts: If your kids participate in a competition and fail to win, don’t demotivate them. Acknowledge the struggles and efforts they made to reach so far and appreciate. Motivate them by saying learning is more important and ask them to never give up in life.
10. Be patient: Nothing can be achieved in a day. Everything takes time. Right from sports or in clearing a national level exam takes its own course of time. When you are patient enough in tasting the success, your kid will automatically learn to be patient.
11. Good to fail: Sometimes it is okay to fail and learn. Let them realize that failure teaches so many things than success. They can try one more time and succeed. A kid who has never seen a failure might have difficulties in facing the life. Anticipating failures and obstacles are a part of the journey and let them enjoy the thrills in every step they take.
12. Celebrate little success: Have a habit of celebrating success for little accomplishments. This motivates them a lot and will allow them to go ahead with splendid energy.
Stay motivated with your kids. Good luck!